This portable vibration test kit has everything you need to perform health checks on any Turbomeca aircraft engine, by making vibration measurements according to the engine maintenance manual. The hand-held kit contains a vibration analyzer with measurement templates for all Turbomeca engines, a high-temperature accelerometer, and a 7-metre cable, all packed in a handy shoulder bag.
- Regular tests by technicians and maintenance engineers to ensure engine vibration meets the manufacturer’s pre-defined field limits
- Checks on Arriel 1® engine gas generators at high speed – on-ground for twin-engine helicopters, or in-flight for single-engine helicopters
- Simple, ad hoc field audits between service intervals without the need for a tachometer or specialist vibration expertise on-site
Vibration measurements are performed during an aircraft ground run, where the engine is run up under specific, controlled conditions. The vibration sensor is installed on the engine in a pre-defined position and connected to the vibration analyzer, which contains measurement templates and vibration limits from all Turbomeca engine families.
In use, the vibration meter’s simple display provides information such as max. and current levels, vibration limits, and test result. It processes the vibration measurements according to the maintenance manual instructions of the specific engine type, and automatically compares them to the individual limits of the specific engine. It then delivers an immediate pass/result without the need for a PC.
- Immediate and unambiguous pass/fail decisions according to engine maintenance manual instructions
- Measures overall vibration levels in a specific frequency range during engine run-up and compares against allowable limits
- Equipped with Turbomeca engine templates for Ardiden®, Arriel, Arrius® , Artouste® , Astazou®, Makila®, RTM 322, TM 333 and Turmo® engines
- Compact size allows it to be taken as carry-on luggage on commercial aircraft flights
- User-interface in over 20 languages
- Easy one-handed operation
- Large, colour display is easy to read in bright sunlight
- Quick operator training with an intuitive user-interface
- Stores results and raw time data for post-processing
- Long-life rechargeable battery operation (>8 hours)
- Fast and easy exporting to Microsoft Excel® using PC software Measurement Partner Suite (included)
- Recording and documentation of test data according to Turbomeca requirements for easy interaction with Turbomeca Services
PROCESSING BY TURBOMECA
This test kit has been developed by Brüel & Kjær in close collaboration with Turbomeca. Data can be exported for further analysis; the vibration signals and test results are recorded during the test to provide optional post-processing by Turbomeca. Detailed test annotation is easily appended by the operator using metadata predefined by Turbomeca.