Germany: Senior NVH Application and Sales Specialist
New complex, downsized, integrated automotive components need reliable, fast and sophisticated production testing systems. In this growing market, Discom GmbH, a subsidiary of HBK (Hottinger Brüel & Kjær), is the worldwide leading supplier of in-line production testing solutions based on vibration and acoustical analyses.
Discom is HBK’s ’Centre of Excellence‘ for production test systems located in Göttingen (Germany) and has more than 20 years’ experience in end-of-line (EOL) testing. Discom’s customers are global leaders in the automotive industry.
- Grow Discom’s business based on developing engineering solutions
- Understand production testing needs and requirements of leading automotive companies and their suppliers
- Elaborate the best fitting technical and commercial solution for projects identified and qualified by field sales engineers
- Present and validate the solution by performing on-site demos and tests
- Consult with customers regarding best practices for acoustic EOL quality assurance
- Negotiate and close orders
- Forecast revenue
- Perform margin analyses
- Proven working experience (min. 5 years) in the field of acoustic and vibration solutions
- Good understanding of the automotive industry’s key players, challenges and technologies, ideally within NVH and/or production test applications
- University degree (or similar) in engineering or physics, a commercial degree is an advantage
- Strong engineering and commercial background
- Experience in consultative and solution-based value sales
- Willingness and ability to travel for global customer visits
- Fluent in German and good communication level in English. Other languages will be advantageous
- Independent with strong self-organizational and planning skills
- Able to work in multi-discipline and international teams
- Experience in working remotely is a plus
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound, vibration and durability experts from around the world. Integrity with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. Constant development of professional and personal skills and a good balance between work and family life in an international environment is natural part of the company culture.
Please send your application and CV to the recruitment responsible, Mr. Jürgen Mönnig, at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 27 January 2019, as we are evaluating applications on a continuous basis. Please include ´Senior NVH Application and Sales Specialist for Production Test Systems’ in the subject line.
We expect the interview process will be in January 2019.
In April 2018, it was announced that from 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S and Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik (HBM) will be merging their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide, production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading global powerhouse.
Both companies currently operate within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. For further info please visit https://hbk.one/