Germany: Change and Communications Manager
We are seeking a well-experienced Change and Communications Manager who can manage and develop all internal communication related to our recently announced merger going from two companies to one global market leader – HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). You will be a key player in the transformation process of going from two companies to one assuring a clear change and communication strategy to engage and motivate 3000 dedicated employees.
The role is based in our German office located in Darmstadt and you will be reporting directly to the CFO of HBK, Bjarne Kristensen.
As Change and Communications Manager, your main areas of responsibility will be:
- All internal communication during the HBK merger
- Support the transformation process and change management task by creating communication plans at all levels of hierarchy and ensuring that information is shared across all functions
- Escalate issues within the HBK hierarchy as needed
- Analyse results of on-going employee surveys and create communication actions as required
- Help create communication according to the relevant channels (blog, newsletters, intranet, website, discussion forums, manager presentations) and arrange for translations or if possible, translate into relevant languages
- Align communication content across functions and with Executive Management Team as needed
- Create publishable formats (email newsletters, HBK intranet website, blog posts, etc.) and publish communication as required
- Follow up on receipt of information and steer required reaction by Executive Management Team and relevant managers
- Show visibility in main HBK sites as needed in order to be recognized as part of the merger office team, and be approachable for feedback/requests from staff
- Ensure required flexibility in communications as required by current events, staff reactions, etc.
- Track communication and reactions regularly, and report to Executive Management Team
After the finalization of the two-year merger process you will be integrated in the highly-motivated, global marketing and communications team with great opportunity for influencing and developing the future and long-term HBK marketing and communication strategy.
The ideal candidate possesses the following competencies:
- Successful experience (min. 5 years) in supporting transformation and internal change management communication
- Successful experience in creating meaningful and understandable communication formats e.g. manager presentations, newsletters, emails, web content, etc.
- Technical knowledge on required toolset for formats as above
- Experience in writing and publishing in English
- Social media experience is considered a plus
- Fluency in English and German is a must. Additional language skills in Chinese, French, Japanese will be a plus
- Can work well across hierarchies and with senior management
- Able to feel the pulse of an organization, be a good listener with an approachable personality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in multi-discipline and international teams adapting to changing business environments
- Good IT knowledge (Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, CRM)
- Positive attitude towards challenges and difficulties
- Analytical and structured mindset
HBK is committed to the continued professional development of its employees. Candidates will be considered based on not only their ability, but also their desire, determination and ability to learn and develop themselves. The ability to learn new skills, manage in a changing environment and a positive mental attitude are of equal importance.
Two companies become one global powerhouse
In April 2018 it was announced globally that from 1st of January 2019, Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S and HBM will merge their activities into a new company called HBK. Both companies currently operate within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. In addition, HBM Prenscia, the HBM subsidiary, will be fully integrated into HBK. For further info please visit https://hbk.one/
HBK is a subsidiary of UK-based Spectris plc (www.spectris.com), which has annual sales of £1.3bn and employs around 8,000 people worldwide across its four business segments.
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 16th, 2018, with “Change and Communications Manager” written in the subject line.
If you see yourself in this role, please send your application asap as we will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis.