Denmark: Project Manager, Customer Projects
One company – HBK
In April 2018, it was announced globally that from 1st January 2019, Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurement A/S and HBM will be merging their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal, and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading global powerhouse.
Both companies currently operate within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company. For further info please visit https://hbk.one/
You will report to the Global Project Director and work in a challenging front line position with responsibility for pre- and post-sale projects for customers in all markets, including automotive, aerospace and defence.
As project manager, you will plan, execute and finalize projects to strict deadlines and within budget. You will be responsible for defining the detailed project objectives and for managing project quality throughout the project lifecycle, while ensuring the right level of visibility to the management team.
The preferred location for this role is Nærum, Denmark.
- Simultaneously manage multiple complex projects at various phases of the project lifecycle. Take full responsibility for project lifecycle and project budget. Adhere to established business processes
- Manage virtual bid/project teams and stakeholders in a matrix organisation. Provide leadership and motivation for the project team, to secure the project goals
- Bid/tender management ensuring delivery of compliant and commercially sound business case/budget
- Provide input to customer proposals as relevant
- Act as primary interface between engineering, delivery coordinator, operations, sales and management
- Manage the day-to-day bid/project activities, implement project governance
- Establish clear project requirements, manage project scope and changes request, including definition of project deliverables and project plan/schedule
- Arrange project reviews with key stakeholders and management
- Monitor, control and report on: project progress, risk, issues, quality and legal compliance
- Actively participate in the improvement of the project management office processes, including: best practices, templates, policies, tools and process
- In this role you should expect limited, international travel activity of approximately 10 to 15 days per year
Qualifications and skills
- Degree, BSc/MSc (mechanical/electrical/ engineering experience would be an advantage)
- Project management certification preferred
- Experience within aerospace and defense or automotive is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong project manager background preferably 7 to 10 years project manager experience. Minimum 5 years of direct work experience with technical projects
- Accustomed to managing medium to large scale projects in a global environment
- Complete project lifecycle project management experience. From scoping and quoting throughout the project implementation and customer sign-off
- Proven experience in customer-facing activities
- Commercial awareness with an attention to detail
International work experience
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment
- Track record in collaboration with remote teams (Asia, USA and EU)
- Excellent presentation/communication skills
- Accountable with strong drive
- Self-motivating, proactive and task oriented
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company in the test and measurement industry. You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world. As a business enabler, you will support efforts relating to sales, procurement, R&D, etc.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25th January, 2019, with “Project Manager, Customer Projects” in the subject line. Please note that we will be interviewing on an on-going basis.